At 10h11, we believe that data exploitation must also be inclusive and societal before it can be commercial. Each product and service we design responds to identified uses and issues.
During the projects carried out within the agency, we were able to observe two interesting facts:
• Financial institutions offering credits accept too many bad payers and not enough good payers. This results in two major problems : financial institutions have a lower return on investment but above all, potential situations of financial insecurity among their clients (inability to repay, over-indebtedness, etc.) can arise.
• Open Data is becoming more democratic, both in its access as more and more platforms and public bodies make their data available free of charge and also in its use. Applications, website, there are countless services using Open Data to improve their offer.
From these findings, informed by internal discussions, the hypothesis was born that we could improve the credit rating by implementing data complementary to those usually used by financial institutions.
This know-how is called Bering.
What is this Bering ?
Bering is therefore a technological product that makes it possible to audit historical credit databases, aggregate additional data and redefine the credit granting score.
This methodology allows any financial institution to improve its understanding of good and bad payers and to redefine more precisely the factors influencing repayment behaviour.
In short, Bering allows you to accept more good payers while reducing the risk of default.
How does it work ?
The Bering methodology works in 6 steps :
- Collection of the customer database
- First Processing Script (database consolidation, cleaning and processing, variable analysis)
- Open Data (web scraping to collect the necessary additional databases)
- Second Processing Script (consolidation, cleaning and processing of Open Data data, variable analysis, development of additional indicators).
- Algorithmic Process (aggregation of complementary indicators, application of the developed algorithm)
- Credit Scoring (development of the Credit Scoring system, integration of Credit Scores into the customer database).
More than a score ? A simple, fast and online tool.
As our team can intervene throughout the data processing chain, we design and deploy graphical interfaces on our customers’ environments to process Bering data with the greatest ease. The interface proposes to enter a KYC in a few seconds. One click later, the scoring is given by the machine. Thus, this process can be easily deployed with advisors to provide a quick response to their client.
When the interface is made available to the customer, he can also obtain a pre-acceptance by himself through the tool.
Finally, presented around 01:50 in the video below, an Excel drag-and-drop also allows you to scorch large numbers of files in order to ensure a quick response to several thousand customers in a few seconds.
Best of all, Bering automatically creates a standardized database that allows you to retrieve all your records and their status.
Vimeo link : https://vimeo.com/259851012.
And how does it work in practice to install Bering ?
Generally, we always start by working at our client’s premises, in a management team, on the optimization of the scoring used before our arrival.
Once it is updated, we integrate the information entry process directly into our Bering tool. Or we make Bering available to our customer by calibrating the Bering input information in the format of the customer KYC.
The customer can then find his scoring and the complete management interface in a single tool.
To learn more about Bering, a dedicated website is available at http://www.bering-credit.com/
You can contact us via our website or via the bering-credit website directly.